Pages

Friday, November 19, 2010

Locavore Mulligatawny Soup

This is an amazing time of year. The fall vegetables (squashes, potatoes, parsnips, brussel sprouts) are super abundent. Holiday feasts are in the horizon. This translates into some quick thinking by foodie chefs who must take what's at hand, add some creativity and voila! come up with some super meals. I hadn't really thrown any weight behind this process yet - but I had started to gather up some ingredients. I knew I would want to use a yam here, a butternut squash there, and some red swiss chard. All are at the ready.

And then this morning serendipitously (as most great things are), I happened upon this recipe for Mulligatawny soup. It takes butternut squash and coconut milk both of which I have on hand. I can scare up the rest of the ingredients quite easily. I've got a plan for Saturday afternoon in the kitchen. Thanks Amy Colter at the Locavore Way.

Locavore Mulligatawny Soup

I am going to make a batch up this weekend. Yum.

No comments: