Pages

Thursday, November 3, 2011

Finished Project - Magnet and Chalkboard Paint

Remember when I came back from the BlogHer conference this summer, I had been inspired to use one of the Lowes demo products I'd seen at the conference: magnet paint. This is wonderful paint that you apply to any surface that accepts paints, and you transform the wall or door into a magnetized surface.

And then I was reminded that years ago when my son was small, I'd been enchanted by chalkboard paint, that also transforms a surface. But in this case, into a chalk board.  Well, says I, let's put the two together to double up the functionality of my kitchen doors.  And here you see the results.  Its absolutely wonderful. 


I can't see keeping these up after the kids have grown up. But right now they're fun and functional. We keep track of schedules, and hang and create art. And all of these sits in the middle of our family hub, the kitchen. I totally recommend this.  Let me know if you have any questions. I'm glad to share.

No comments: