Pages

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Spring has Sprung - Get Your Fresh Greens On

Our garden has just surged. The last two days of warm weather coupled with the prodigous amounts of rain in the last two weeks have been good for the garden.  The last several nights I've been able to create marvelous fresh salads just from the thinnings. We have arugula, mixed greens, carrots, cilantro and Italian parsley. Just rinse, dress and voila! Salad. 

More goodness is on its way: baby bok choy, radishes, snow peas. Its going to be good. 


I found these little graphics today that fit my salad theme. I found them in an old McCalls cooking pamphlet. Wouldn't they make great recipe cards?

2 comments:

Gladys said...

Cute graphics. Is it difficult to create and maintain your garden?

Mary C. Nasser said...

Your garden sounds AMAZING!
And the graphics are super-cute!

So glad I found you through the Etsy Blog Team!
I am your newest blog follower. :)
Looking forward to seeing your upcoming posts!

I welcome you to check out my art blog, too!

Best,
Mary C. Nasser
http://www.marycnasser.com/blog.html