Pages

Thursday, May 22, 2014

Retro Collage Fun - Happy Retro Style

This winter I got out my tiny little scissors, my stacks of retro ephemera and I returned to collaging.  I had accumulated so many bits of fun ephemera I was just itching to do something with them.

My first idea was to develop around a thing. And since the magainze ads were so conscipously aspirational around the desire to accumulate wealth and possessions, that was my first idea.  But I tossed it in the trash like so many other great ideas that don't work except in your head.

I then focused on all the happy people in the ads and thought maybe I should just go with that flow. Without any irony but just see if I could find a way to enjoy their happiness. 

Here is one of the collage boards I just finished. I'm quite proud of the way it turned out.

No comments: