Pages

Friday, July 25, 2014

British Life in Pictures - English Wildlife

Recently I found a few great books featuring British life.  My favorite this week features English wildlife with charming illustrations and pictures along with retro commentary.  The book series dates back to the 1940s and is part of a really charming series.

Written in a past that seems so naive and fresh. The opening passage of this book seems so sweet to my American eyes. "An American cowboy on his first visit to Britain sat amazed as he looked from his railway carriage on his journey from Plymouth to London."  What American cowboy??

F. Fraser Darling is the author. The illustrations are charming and well produced in colors true with fine lines.
For a limited time, I have a copy of this book in my shop take a look here.

No comments: